Long-Term Renting in Mallorca
One of the main concerns of people seeking greener pastures elsewhere besides the location is the new place they will call home. Planning to live abroad is an exciting dream and could quickly be quenched if you cannot find a suitable place to rent while you work, study, looking to buy or transition to retirement.
A long-term lease generally refers to a lease that is longer than 12 months. Whereas short-term leases generally refer to a lease that is either month-to-month, anything up to six months, or reserved for holiday lets. The advantages of long-term renting will offer more stability with longer agreements, at standard rates for the location you rent in.
Try before you buy
Rentals in Mallorca are becoming increasingly popular as holiday lets. Oftentimes, properties for rent are also available for sale and prospective buyers can leap at the opportunity to try out living in the property first rather than taking the plunge into buying.
If you want to rent a property in Mallorca and enjoy all the wonderful blessings offered that only comes with living in this paradise, do not hesitate to take advantage of our services.
Our Services for Tenants
If you are a non-Spanish national or do not speak the language, we know the importance of professional guidance when it comes to signing rental contracts in Mallorca.
We act as an intermediary, introducing tenants to the landlord. The minimum period for our long-term rentals is 12 months.
What to expect:
- During the selection process, we’ll guide you through each step to guarantee a smooth leasing experience.
- We’ll work with you to focus on the neighbourhoods and properties that fit your lifestyle while enjoying what Mallorca has to offer.
- We inform you of the services and facilities located in the chosen location guaranteeing you have everything you need at your fingertips.
- During property visits, we’ll accompany you to resolve any questions or issues that may arise, ensure that the rental conditions are optimal and all services offered are up to date.
- Our office is made readily available to hold the necessary meetings prior to signing the rental agreement.
- If you require a lawyer/solicitor, our legal partners are at your disposal for any concerns and to oversee all necessary documents that must be managed prior to signing the rental agreement with the landlord.
Valuable Advice for Tenants
In order to avoid negative long-term rental experiences, please peruse our recommendations thoroughly:
- Take your time to consider where you would like to live. As part of our services, we’ll learn what your lifestyle is and focus on neighbourhoods and properties that would best suit your needs.
- Visit different locations and regions to decide whether mountains, sea or city is what is essential to your lifestyle. The island may seem small, but it is much bigger than it appears. Ask around, you will find that many commuters rarely drive daily from the east or north to Palma or the southwest.
- Check the condition of the property’s installations and utilities (e.g. pool, water, heating, electricity), humidity– especially the interiors of older and unoccupied properties, the walls, noise, neighbours, etc.
- Ask Questions! Ask the agent or landlord everything you want to know before, during and/or after the viewing.
- Check for extra costs! Ask if there are any additional costs together with the latest bills/invoices and verify that community fees, rates and/or water are included in the lease.
- If you think the rental rate is too high, not a problem! It is possible to negotiate a rental price on some properties, however, it depends on your form of prepayment.
- Don’t get blinded by impulse! Once you’ve found the right property, emotions can easily impair logic, making you oblivious to obvious hurdles. Sleep on it and we can review your choice and provide relevant feedback pertaining to your chosen property to affirm your decision.
Sunshine Properties Mallorca is here to serve you and your best interests to make renting in Mallorca a breeze.
Leasing Properties in Mallorca: The Flexible Alternative to Selling
Real estate in Mallorca is one of the best investments around, especially if you are situated in desirable neighbourhoods.
Advice for Landlords
✔ If you plan to lease your property in Spain, we recommend seeking legal advice from a lawyer/solicitor who specialises in leasing practices and checks the laws at your regional town hall.
✔ If the market compels you to sell your property, opt to lease your property long-term. You can maximise your returns by converting your property into a long-term rental (>12 months).
✔ Landlords who wish to lease their properties on a non-touristic or long-term basis are generally not required to apply for a special license.
✔ Properties, such as apartments may safely be rented out non-touristically, however, if you own an apartment that is part of a homeowner association “Comunidad de Propietarios”, check whether there are any regulations that restrict leasing your property.
✔ Take advantage of utilising our services to assist with finding trustworthy and reliable Tenants, preparing the proper rental contracts and managing the property for you.
Wondering how much a price translates into your currency?
If you’re buying or selling property overseas, Magna Financial limited will help you make the most of every transfer. Save on exchange rates with a professional and personal service for fast and commission-free transfers.
With Magna Financial you can:
✔ Receive competitive exchange rates
✔ Make fast and commission-free transfers
✔ Dedicated relationship manager
✔ Receive market updates and create rate alerts
✔ Secure currency in advance for a future date
✔ Improved market entry
What Clients Say About Us
We would just like to thank Mike and his team at Sunshine Properties for all their effort and time in helping us buy our stunning apartment overlooking the new Port Adriano. Mike made buying in Mallorca such a pleasure. One aspect we really valued was how Mike negotiated the best deal between ourselves and the seller. Thanks again, Mike, and all the best for the future.
To say Mike did a sterling job in selling my villa is an understatement. This was no simple sale, as we had to get a power of attorney from my ex-wife in America she was quite ill. Mike found a lawyer in the US, he negotiated with him and was able to make the sale possible. Mike and his team at Sunshine Properties really went the extra mile for us. Their hands-on approach was exceptional. Thanks again.
Just a short thank you for your help finding a purchaser for the sale of our property. Mike did an exceptional job of negotiating the best possible price between us and the purchaser. Thanks again to Mike and his team.
We would just like to thank Mike for finding and making the purchase happen for our beautiful penthouse. This has become our second home. Mike and his team made the process of buying a property in Mallorca a trouble and stress free for us. All the best to you and your company.
We would just like to thank Mike and his team for finding just what we were looking for a 3 bedroom duplex that we purchased. This has become our dream holiday home. Mark loves his golf and plays many of the beautiful golf courses around the island every time we visit. Thanks again for making it a stress free purchase.
Looking to rent property long-term?
Whether you need to secure tenants or are looking to rent a property, our team is dedicated to delivering a complete suite of services to make renting a breeze.